Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Your journey

Inspiration comes when I least expect it and I'm looking the other way. Today as I half-listened to the TV, a young woman caught my attention when she uttered these words. “Be grateful for your journey because it is yours alone.” Demi Lovato shared with Katie Couric, during an interview to plug her new book, that this was her favorite quote. 

I have to admit, I haven't followed Ms. Lovato's career. She's probably popular with my granddaughters and their friends. But, I was impressed with this interview, and I loved the quote. I couldn't stop thinking about those words.

We can't take credit, or assume the burden, for the journey of others, only our own. Ms. Lovato took responsibility for hers and didn't blame a dysfunctional family life. Of the little she shared, no one would've blamed her had she shifted the attention in that direction. 

She reminded me that each person's journey is theirs to walk, through success or failure. Sometimes we might cheer on the sidelines and other times offer prayers because that's all we can do. 

Congrats to Ms. Lovato on her new book, Staying Strong, and soaring career. I hope many of her young fans will learn from her example and remember each day is a journey of their own making and choose well. Here's wishing Ms. Lovato continues to stay strong. Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and words of wisdom go here