Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Fair Warning


Fair Warning
Writing Like F. Scott Fitzgerald
 In my youth, my mother gave me fair warning, which I’ve had a great difficulty ridding myself of as a writer.
“Whatever you put in writing,” she told me, “you must assume that at one time, or another, all the world will have access to your words.”
“She didn’t need to say more, but all these years, I’ve fought to free the writer within from the fear in her unspoken words.

If you're ready to join the Modeling Monday party, go check out the prompt on the StoryDam website and add your link for the whole community to see!

This is a great writing exercise! Gets the gray cells sparking! 
What can you do with the quote from F. Scott? Go the StoryDam and join the fun.
Related articles

7 comments:

  1. I love this, Jean. I think there is some sort of warning in the recesses of all writers' minds that we need to first free ourselves from before we can unleash the true greatness our words possess.

    Thanks for participating in this week's Modeling Monday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole. Now to unleash that greatness, from your lips...

      Delete
    2. I believe that came right off my profile, Sis! Oh, that's right! We had the same mother! LOL

      Delete
  2. Great job thanks for participating!

    Peace,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed this prompt, it's different from the usual word or picture writing weekly prompts I've been participating in lately. Made me think differently.

      Delete
  3. Excellent! My mother once said to me, "One day I hope you have a child and I hope she's just like you." Needless to say, I never had a child.

    This modeling thing looks like fun. I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like this modeling, it's different. My mom said the same to me, and I did. LOL

      Delete

All comments and words of wisdom go here