Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dress for Success

First, I start with the usual pep talk, etiquette is important in my line of business, and appropriate dressing, essential for success.

 

All the while brushing my long blond hair, applying the various lotions and potions, then leaning over slipping on my new four inch Kate Spades.

 

I stand straightening the hem of my skirt, adjust the neck of my blouse, and bend over; making sure only my date will notice the beautiful scarlet color peeking from my neckline.

 

One last touch then I’m off to work, reaching for the tube, I apply color to my lips as an artist adding paints to canvas.

 

I blot my lips, and checking once more to make sure the Crimson Red matches the scarlet beneath; after all coordinating with wrappings of silk and lace never fail to bring them back.


FIVE SENTENCE FICTION – SCARLET

The prompt word this week was chosen by J. D Wenzel. Head over to his blog and check out his fantastic flash fiction.


* Please take a moment from your busy day and check out my latest story No Hesitation published in YAREAH Magazine
Enhanced by Zemanta

22 comments:

  1. Nice one... the color is sprinkled throughout to good effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coolly done, yet splashed with hot colour...and desire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad my intent came through. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Nice post. This is right up my (romance) alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, fun to stroll in your alley. LOL

      Delete
  4. Is that how you did it Sis? Hmmm? Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll never know, gotta keep you guessing. LOL Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Sexy, sassy, saucy lady in red...loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's what I was going for.

      Delete
  6. Very flirty use of the color--teased here and there. Nicely done. I like her honesty. It's a lucky guy who can't help but come back her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally! A fun piece on this prompt. So many of us went to dark places. This was very enjoyable. That gal knows how to use her gifts! And you sure know how to use this prompt. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much. I'm glad you enjoyed this piece and the fun I had came through in the writing .

      Delete
  8. Preparing for a hot, sexy date making sure they want more! I love this! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie! Hot and sexy yes, date? Maybe...

      Delete
  9. I really like how the color is present throughout! Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lillie this was a fun prompt.

      Delete

All comments and words of wisdom go here