Thursday, May 17, 2012

FSF: Camping

foggy trails
foggy trails (Photo credit: randomtruth)
What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.
This week: FOGGY
Camping

I hadn’t wanted to come, yet here I am and lost in this god forsaken hillbilly hell. 
My legs trembled as I struggled up the winding path, the fog made my lungs ache almost as much as my thighs. 
Take a walk, he’d said, see how lovely the mountains are, then he’d have the cabin all nice and ready when I got back. 
If I ever get back to that horrible cabin of his I’ll be madder than a wet hen, and all I’ll want to do is to leave. He’ll be lucky if I don’t burn that damn thing to the ground, he knows I hate camping and I hate camping in the mountains.


Enhanced by Zemanta

17 comments:

  1. LOL! I hate camping, too, and boy did you capture your discomfort here. Very enjoyable. Also, you need to fix your link over at the Five Sentence Website. I came here through Phil's blog because when I clicked on your link all I got was an image of the FSF logo.

    Please visit my blog for my response to this prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, hopefully link is fixed. Glad you enjoyed my camping experience. LOL

      Delete
  2. Nice emotional description 'angrier than a wet hen', haven't heard that before! Another who hates camping, especially in mountains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must not be from the south. LOL Glad you enjoyed this piece. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Ya'll come back ya hear.

      Delete
  3. Fun vignette. I gave my wife a magnet that says "I love not camping." I hope he has one back at the cabin for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on this. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying to post for the second time now, so if you get two, you'll know I'm not throwing a wobbly.

    I'm with you all the way on this. Not my scene either. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The frustration shone through, loud and clear...
    I'm also with you on this one! I'm not an outdoorsy, roughing-it-up, type of person...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hate, hate camping for real. LOL Glad that feeling came through in the story.

      Delete
  7. Oh man ... I love camping .. lol ... I hope I never subject anyone to it that doesn't want to be there ... you captured her angst perfectly ... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got her frustration just right, I feel for her, having suffered camping in the rain several times myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm glad that came through in the story.

      Delete
  9. Ah!! Fantastic :) I can relate to this. Camping is not for me at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillie! The few times I heard "try it you'll love it this time"... LOL disaster

      Delete

All comments and words of wisdom go here