Sunday, April 22, 2012

Practice Flash Fiction One Word at a Time

I'm finding there are many types of Flash Fiction, from 6 words to 1000 words. But they all begin with one word. This site while fun not always leaves time for perfection, but does require me to engage my brain and get the juices flowing. 


The writer has 60 seconds, once you hit the GO button, to write based on the prompt word. Simple, you'll see one word at the top of the page, don't think just write. 


Today's word is "sound" here is my submission. 


 For the first time in weeks, like Sleeping Beauty, I fell into a deep sound slumber and slept through the night. The wet kisses that awoke me were followed by loud sharp barks as Harry bounced on my chest. 


 Go to OneWord.com and try your hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and words of wisdom go here