Thursday, April 5, 2012

FIVE SENTENCE FICTION NO TIME FOR TEARS

Five Sentence Fiction - Tears
What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.

This week: TEARS
Here is my tiny FSF Flash Fiction.


No Time for Tears
I’ve heard a person can die from a broken heart, the pain shatters the soul. My eyes remain dry, and I feel hollow inside. The pain knifing through my soul shattered my heart and now only dust remains; one cannot cry tears of dust. I stand looking out over the vast emptiness before me, wondering where my life went and where I am now to go. I must be strong, not fall apart, save my tears until I’m alone in the quiet time. Now changed forever set adrift in this desert I find myself alone and no time for tears.

20 comments:

  1. "one cannot cry tears of dust." That was such a cool line. I wish I had thought of that. ;)

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. This was my first attempt at a short short fiction like FSF.

      Delete
  2. So sad and evocative. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sometimes it's good for the soul.

      Delete
  3. You describe a feeling everyone has had at one point in their lives so well; how descolate, empty and void the situation is that even tears cannot live.
    A very beautiful and powerfuil piece. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes and it's a lonely place.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for encouraging me, sorry took so long to do my Thank you's.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely compliment and taking the time to read my writing.

      Delete
  6. Like Lizzie said, most of us have been there at some point in our lives. Love the line about saving your tears until you're alone...so sad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa I'm glad my writing spoke to you.

      Delete
  7. I also agree that this is a very relatable piece. The emotion is so clear and, like McKenzie, I adore 'one cannot cry tears of dust.' Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Means so much to this newbie to get words of encouragement.

      Delete
  8. Very evocative; a reminder of the sense of desolation that lurks beneath the surface for a lot of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes all of us at times feel very alone.

      Delete
  9. A beautful piece that can be understood and felt by everyone as they have experienced this feeling of desolation. It's made me feel quite sad actually; maybe because its reminded me of desperate times. And when writing moves you like that, it means it's done its job,and done it extremely well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't tell you how much it means to me to know you "got" the piece.

      Delete

All comments and words of wisdom go here