Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy flashing

First let me thank everyone who has been so kind and supportive with their posts, as a newbie those comments written on my blog mean a lot. I call myself a newbie, meaning that I'm finally getting the courage to let the world see a part of myself that's remained hidden for most of my life. Writers everywhere can relate to what I’m saying.So dear readers, thank you for your kindness and your critiques.

Exercises like FSF, ONEWORD, and other Flash Fiction have helped me hone my skills as a writer. At first I hesitated to work on these because they are quite time consuming, but I’m so glad I took the plunge. I’ve grown as a writer since I began writing 5 - 6 sentence, and Flash Fiction (100 – 500 word) stories. I’ve started going back over chapters already written to find key words in paragraphs and making those tighter. The result in one such paragraph, posted on my blog, Fairy Lights an excerpt from a novel in progress. I’ve even gotten so bold as to enter a few contests. 
As a friend of mine once said, “I already have a no.” 

There are many sites to showcase and develop your skills as a writer. I've only listed a drop in the bucket. So click and get started. Happy flashing. 
Like I said, this is only a tiny fraction of the many blogs and websites available so let me know your favorites. Go to comments and post links to your favorite short short fiction site. 

4 comments:

  1. Dear JeanElaine, nice site! Love your pooch! Sharon Murray, AKA Heather Adams. When you get a chance check out my reviews on Barnes and Noble and Amazon. Thanks! Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, will do. Yeah, that's Harry and he's a hand full. LOL

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for posting all these websites. I'm a flash fiction newbie, too. I go to the OneMinuteWriter.com every day to get my juices flowing. Here's a link to my first ever piece of flash fiction that I wrote last week from the prompt: Shirt.
    http://injaynesworld.blogspot.com/2012/04/injaynesworld-tale-of-betrayal.html

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading more from you.

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've learned so much about myself and my writing through flash fiction. All I hope for the better. I'll be sure to check out OneMiuteWriter.com, thanks for the tip.

      Delete

All comments and words of wisdom go here