Saturday, April 21, 2012

FSF - Flash Fiction: Garden

Five Sentence Fiction - Your Choice


I choose Week Nine Enchanted for my FSF  Short-Short Flash Fiction


Garden

The pathway reminded her of an airstrip tapering a bit in the distance; impossible to see where the lighted walkway ended until walking a bit further.
The lights blinked off and on, fast then slow leading into the enchanted forest; like a pied piper, the lights drew her deeper as she followed the blinking rhythm of the fireflies.
The pathway ended at a dazzling clearing; there the twinkling lights moved to the tree branches above reminding her of Christmas.
The way back now obscured in a thick, dark mist, with the only light in front; when she looked behind fear clouded her mind, but when she gazed upon the lights flying only a few steps away, a sense of calm soothed her.
Whatever had brought her to this place meant her no harm, she was certain; the clearing covered in tiny flowers, and bright, green grass alive with twinkling lights hovering in the air gave the illusion of stringed party lights come alive, with a smile Lizbeth stepped into the fairytale garden.



15 comments:

  1. Nice description!
    http://jenniferworrell.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer, this was fun to write

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hopefully in a few months you will have more, lots more.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful idea, and your imagery was impeccable! I love the last line, where you managed to tie everything together, and I would love to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks so much Claire. I hope there will be more to read in a few months. This is a tiny exert from a novel I'm working on.

      Delete
  4. I really liked this, it felt like the kind of fairy tale I used to read when I was a child. And loved the picture. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, I hope there will be lots more to come of this tale.

      Delete
  5. I like this a lot! You told a lot in just 5 sentences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, FSF has taught me a lot about writing tighter.

      Delete
  6. Enchanted is my favorite word! You have done it lovely justice here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such encouraging words.

      Delete

All comments and words of wisdom go here